Sunday 1 November 2015

grumpy cat vs modern art

Greetings,

I saw this cat stamp and fell in love, I am an adoring fan of grumpy cat.  The stamp is by Katzelkraft, their site should come with a warning on it, "you will spend money here, you will want to spend more!"

So here is my beloved grumpy cat offering his critique on modern art.

I looked into Jackson Pollock for this card and I was surprised at the styles of his work, while most of us have seen the vibrant splats pictures (technical arty term) I had never seen the landscape or monochrome drawings. Art puns expanding my horizons, bizarre.

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Less is more - paper piecing.
Sisterhood of Snarky stampers - K is for Kitties

As yesterday was Halloween, here are some images of Nowton park looking a touch on the spooky side...


"Here Frank do we look occult enough? Nah we need a skull, can't go wrong with a skull to perch on."
Tootles
EE

14 comments:

Donna said...

Love love love that stamp! He is a grumpy fella for sure (the very best kind of cat in my opinion!!)
Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our K is for Kitties challenge!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fun and fabulous EE, not a very cheerful chappie but that sentiment fits him perfectly!
thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

chrissie said...

Wonderful cat image it made me smile

Love Chrissie xx

Susan Powell said...

I love grumpy cat!

creationsnz said...

As above, lovin' that grumpy cat, and the caption for the crow pic!!

Anne said...

Brilliant sentiment EE and love your pollocked cat!
Thank you for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

karen h said...

This is awesome - very clever!

Chris Dring said...

OMG! This is sooo stinkin cute! Love your card! Thanks for playing along at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Linda said...

This is so much fun ..... I love grumpy cat too!! xx

Chrissie said...

What a fun image, with fun paper piecing|!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

Love your arty style card and great paper piecing.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

It is gorgeous. Love the colors.Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Sisters.

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Great card and thanks for playing enabler to the stamp website! Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Kitties challenge!

ike said...

Super card - I love grumpy cat too and your background is fabulous. Great photos :-)

IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog