Wednesday 1 November 2017

Humming birds and cherry blossoms




Season greetings,

Here is my entry to the Less is More Challenge - stamp layering.

I tried using a layered flower stamp and have learned that  I am rubbish at this form of stamping! I have ordered a Tim Holtz stamp platform in the hope that this will help and because they are cool. So anyway here is a masked card using the fabulous designs by Ryn -Humming bird, visible image stamps and a line stamp that is so old it keeps trying to tell me about the last ice age.

I am also entering this card into the Designs by Ryn - November customer creation challenge. 



I also made this very plain CAS card  for the That's Crafty challenge blog which has the challenge - Forever Floral. I love this quote from Monet (via Alison Bomber's paper artsy stamps.)

As it is cold and rather grey outside here is a photo I took of a hummingbird moth while I was on holiday, much to the great puzzlement of people sitting near me!


Tootles
EE





5 comments:

Trina P. said...

Layering stamps can be tricky, and a stamp positioner will definitely help. I have six and love them all. 😂 Both your cards are beautiful. Love the images you chose to layer on your hummingbird card. A great rustic look. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

Susan said...

Your hummingbird card is so pretty and delicate. Love it! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Way to go evil Edna! You captured such a sense of fluttering movement with that fab humming bird stamp and the stamps behind it add so much depth. Cool sentiment stamp too. Yes, I agree that a stamp platform will help - I wouldn't be without mine now. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More xx

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey there :) Thanks for sharing your piece with me! Love how you layered the images to create a focal point to the card. Very cool!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Pretty cards, I love that sentiment it goes so well with your blossom card. Best Wishes in the That's Crafty Forever Floral Blog Challenge. Tracey DT